The plant operation, engineering and maintenance technical committee (POEM-TC) mission is to bring together from around the international nuclear community the expertise in operations, maintenance and engineering to promote the sharing of methods and ideas that will further the goal of safe and efficient nuclear plant operations.
Objectives of the Committee
- Provide a forum exchange technical ideas, discuss industry, technology and regulatory trends related to operation and maintenance of nuclear power plants.
- Identify improvements and promote new developments to support operation and maintenance of nuclear power plants.
- Support international conferences on nuclear engineering
- Bring together scientific efforts and the operating plants.
- Development of new tools to support plant operations.
- Present a worldwide forum for an exchange of ideas to create greater efficiency at Nuclear Power Stations.
- Promote an exchange of ideas across owners groups.
- Promote reliable safe and efficient operations.
- Managing a changing availability of equipment, introduction of new methods, philosophy of operations, etc.
- Promote free and open exchange of information, ideas and concepts to promote new tools and methods that enable reliable, safe, and efficient operation of Nuclear Power Stations.
- Organize workshops – encourage networking.
- Education of the public to promote Nuclear Power.
2010 - 2011
8867 Highland Road #378
Baton Rouge, LA 70808-6856
Phone: (225) 329-5815
Co-Chair Coral Betancourt
Co-Chair George E. Saxon, Jr.
Phone: (412) 608-6274
Co-Chair Joe Miller
Phone: (703) 597-2459
Japan Liaison Satoshi Kuranta
China Liaison Jianping Zhou
Europe Liaison TBD
19th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE19)
International Conference on Mathematics and Computational Methods Applied to Nuclear Science and Engineering
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
ASME 2011 Pressure Vessel and Piping Conference
July 17-21, 2011
We encourage each of you to join the primary ASME/NED Technical committee as shown below and please join one or two of the 7 technical committees. Become active in ASME!
Join the ASME/NED Technical Committees at http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/3063702/ Technical Committees on LinkedIn.com
ASME/NED Technical Committees
Committee 1 Operation and Maintenance
ASME/NED Committee 2 - Thermal-Hydraulics
ASME/NED Committee 3 Advanced Plants and Technology
ASME/NED Committee 4 Safety, Codes, Standards and Regulations
ASME/NED Committee 5 High Level Waste and Fuel Cycles
ASME/NED Committee 6 System, Structure, Components Design and Analysis
ASME/NED Committee 7 Radwaste Systems