The mission of the ASME Systems, Structures and Components Design and Analysis Technical Committee is to institute an environment conducive to promoting an excellence in areas of design, structural integrity, engineering, reliability, instrumentation & control, and materials analysis for nuclear reactor facilities.
Objectives of the Committee
The objectives of the SSC Technical Committee are to:
- Provide for the dissemination of knowledge in technical areas related to structural integrity in nuclear reactor components. Examples of some specific areas are structural design & analysis including seismic considerations, linear & non-linear dynamic analyses, flow-induced vibrations, fluid-structure interactions, structural aspects of shock and explosions, etc.
- Facilitate the dissemination of knowledge in the fields related to instrumentation & control (I&C) systems which include analog & digital I&C systems, cyber security, integrated control rooms, human machine interface technologies, and on-line monitoring.
- Provide a platform for the exchange of knowledge in the evaluation of materials used in nuclear power reactors components. These components include Steam Generators and Reactor Internals. Some of the issues are corrosion, wear, radiation embitterment, aging & degradation, material properties, coolant water chemistry, etc.
- Identify the needs for design & analysis guidelines and standards in the above areas.
- Establish and support educational outreach programs (mentoring program involving committee and other professionals by reaching out to university and high school students and the general public)
- Identify & develop novel concepts, organize, and support technical sessions and tracks in major national and international conferences. Identify outstanding technical papers for journal publication. In the ICONE conference continue to promote, solicit, strengthen the quality of papers in Tracks 2, 3, and 13.
- Honor individuals for outstanding achievement and distinguished service in the above areas.
2010 - 2011
Asif H. Arastu , PHD, PE
19762 Gannett Ln
Castro Valley, CA 94552-2652
Phone: (415) 768-2247
Co-Chair Jovica Riznic Ph.D.
Phone: (613) 943-0132
Co-Chair Joe Miller
Phone: (703) 597-2459
Co-Chair Dr. Leon Cizelj
Phone: +011 386 5885 215
Links of Interest
The following list and linkare not all-inclusive and are provided for information only. ASME does not recommend or endorse any particular company or organization.
19th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering in Makuhari, Chiba, Japan on May 16-19, 2011.
Has Been Cancelled.
20th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering. Venue and dates to be announced. Conference will be held in the United States in the summer of 2012.
We encourage each of you to join the primary ASME/NED Technical committee as shown below and please join one or two of the 7 technical committees. Become active in ASME!
Join the ASME/NED Technical Committees at http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/3063702/ Technical Committees on LinkedIn.com
ASME/NED Technical Committees
Committee 1 Operation and Maintenance
ASME/NED Committee 2 - Thermal-Hydraulics
ASME/NED Committee 3 Advanced Plants and Technology
ASME/NED Committee 4 Safety, Codes, Standards and Regulations
ASME/NED Committee 5 High Level Waste and Fuel Cycles
ASME/NED Committee 6 System, Structure, Components Design and Analysis
ASME/NED Committee 7 Radwaste Systems