The mission of the ASME Nuclear Engineering Division TH Technical Committee is to promote and institute an environment conducive to producing work and R&D in the TH and CFD technical arena that is compatible with the needs of organizations that must undergo nuclear system licensing reviews. Also the Committee will serve to promote nuclear power via international conferences in the areas of fluid flow and heat transfer.
This mission may be achieved in part by developing standards for the development and use of software, experimental design, and software V&V.
Objectives of the Committee
- Provide a forum to exchange technical ideas, discuss industry, technology and regulatory trends related to operation and maintenance of nuclear power plants.
- Identify improvements and promote new developments to Thermal Hydraulics (TH).
- To develop standards for the development and use of software, experimental design, and software verification and validation (V&V)
- Support international conferences on nuclear engineering
- Bring together scientific efforts and experts to promote TH.
- Development of new computer tools to support TH.
- Present a worldwide forum for an exchange of ideas to create
greater understanding of TH.
- Promote the development and use of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) in TH.
- Promote an exchange of ideas across owners groups.
- Organize workshops – encourage networking.
- Education of the public to promote Nuclear Power.
2010 - 2011
Richard R. Schultz, PE
Idaho National Engineering & Environmental Lab
Bechtel BWXT LLC M/S 3890
PO Box 1625
Idaho Falls, ID 83415
Phone: (208) 526-9508
Fax: (208) 526-2930
Co-Chair of Experiments
Prof. Glenn Harvel
Co-Chair of Systems Analysis Software
Joe Miller (EDA)
Phone: +1 703 356-4149
Co-Chair of CFD
Phone: +01 979 845-7090
Links of Interest
International Conference on Mathematics and Computational Methods Applied to Nuclear Science and Engineering
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
ASME 2011 Pressure Vessel and Piping Conference
July 17-21, 2011
We encourage each of you to join the primary ASME/NED Technical committee as shown below and please join one or two of the 7 technical committees. Become active in ASME!
Join the ASME/NED Technical Committees at ttp://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/3063702/
Technical Committees on LinkedIn.com
ASME/NED Technical Committees
Committee 1 Operation and Maintenance
ASME/NED Committee 2 - Thermal-Hydraulics
ASME/NED Committee 3 Advanced Plants and Technology
ASME/NED Committee 4 Safety, Codes, Standards and Regulations
ASME/NED Committee 5 High Level Waste and Fuel Cycles
ASME/NED Committee 6 System, Structure, Components Design
and Analysis http://www.linkedin.com/e/vgh/3075335/
ASME/NED Committee 7 Radwaste Systems